These bite-sized treats are completely no bake, come together in minutes, and are gluten free. But these easy Chocolate Coconut Truffles are in no way, shape or form lacking taste. Instead, they are absolutely Packed with flavour.
A little icing sugar and condensed milk make the coconut soft and sweet, and once you add a smooth coating of chocolate – well then you’ve got the perfect truffle.
- 210 grams (3 and 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality milk or dark chocolate*
- Line a large baking tray with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add coconut, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Scoop heaped teaspoons of the coconut mixture and roll into balls using your hands and place onto your prepared tray – its ok if they’re a bit sticky. If the mixture is too wet to roll, add a tablespoon or two more coconut. Once you have rolled all your coconut into balls, place into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Add chocolate to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until melted and smooth. Dip the truffles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate, and use a fork to gently lift the truffles out and place on prepare tray.
- Sprinkle a little extra coconut on top of each truffle. Place truffles back in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.