A creamy no bake Key Lime Pie topped with whipped cream. Like others say, it is perfect for warm months, refreshing and not too sweet. Also the filling has enough volume without the top layer of whipped cream. That way this recipe is even quicker, easier and perfect. I just made this key lime pie, The recipe is perfect, very light, perfect for summer.
- 250 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) store bought cookies*, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream*
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- Lime zest, to decorate
- Add cookies to a food processor or blender and whiz until finely crushed. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Press down firmly to form a crust and place in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth. Add condensed milk and lime juice and beat briefly until combined. Finally, add cream and beat for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour lime mixture over crust and smooth top. Place in the fridge for at LEAST 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- Place cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until cream is whipped. Cover key lime pie with cream. Scatter over lime zest. Cut and serve.