Delicious no bake Peanut Butter Balls dipped in dark chocolate. They’re easy, quick, delicious and completely no bake. They are like a ball version of Reese’s peanut butter cups, but even better. Wrapped the dough around a salted peanut heart for a surprise crunch and sprinkled crushed peanuts on top of the chocolate before setting in the fridge. Added a few butterscotch chips to the melted peanut butter to keep it firm when cooled and drizzled it on top.
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter, plus extra for drizzling
- 190 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) dark or milk chocolate*
- Line a large baking tray with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and peanut butter. Mix briefly until smooth and creamy.
- Add icing sugar and mix until a soft dough forms. Scoop small tablespoons of peanut butter mixture and roll into a smooth ball using your hands. Place on prepared tray. Repeat util you have roughly 18 truffles. Place truffles in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate, one at a time, and use a fork to get slowly lift them out. Gently shake off excess chocolate and place truffles on prepared tray. Pop in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Add a few tablespoons of peanut butter to a small bowl and microwave 20 seconds or so, until melted and smooth. Drizzle peanut butter over truffles.